CSSH-45 Canadian Sweet Sorghum Hybrid 45
- Highly drought tolerant crop
- Performs well on soils low in fertility and low pH
- Grazing, green chop, silage for dairy, beef, sheep and horses
- Rapid regeneration capacity
- No prussic acid
- Helps build soil organic matter when used as a cover crop
- Significant levels of nutrients are added to soil improving fertility and soil structure
- Improves soil productivity
- Provides erosion control
- Captures snow
- Suppresses weeds
- Does not over-winter
- PLANT HEIGHT
- 150 to 225 cm
- No. of leaves
- 6 to 10 per main tiller
- FIFTH Leaf size
- Width 3 to 4 cm, length 80 to 90 cm
- No of tillers
- 8 to 15
- Ear head is conical
- The plant flowers 85 - 95 days after planting. Days to flowering is influenced by day length and CFPM 101 would flower in short days.
- 1000 seed weight ranges from 9 to l1 gm. Plant morphological parameters and date of 50% flowering will vary according to crop management, soil fertility, soil moisture, heat units, location, day length etc. It is a multi cut crop with 2 to 3 cuts during the cropping season.
Canadian Forage Sorghum Hybrid 30 is developed from Sudan type parents. It is high yielding fine stemmed, and could produce over two to three cuttings during the growing season. It provides a wide range of uses to the grower. It may be used for hay, haylage, silage, green chop or pasture. This has excellent recovery after harvesting or grazing. Fine leafy stems makes it an excellent choice for hay. The CFSH 30 hybrid developed in Ontario had 1.0 ppm (% DM) of prussic acid levels after the frost, whereas US Sudan grass had 5.3 ppm (% DM). Prussic acid level of less than or equal to 250 ppm (% DM) is safe to pasture.
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHUREDOWNLOAD PDFDOWNLOAD WORD
Interested in a large volume order?
Contact sales directly for wholesale pricing on orders of 50 bags or more.
Order online to your location, available within the US and Canada. Shipping fees will be added at checkout. Limit of 50 bags/order.