CGPMH-90 Canadian Grain Pearl Millet Hybrid 90
- Highly drought tolerant crop
- Performs well on soils low in fertility and low pH
- Grazing, green chop, silage for dairy, beef, sheep and horses
- Rapid regeneration capacity
- No prussic acid
- Helps build soil organic matter when used as a cover crop
- Significant levels of nutrients are added to soil improving fertility and soil structure
- Improves soil productivity
- Provides erosion control
- Captures snow
- Suppresses weeds
- Does not over-winter
- PLANT HEIGHT
- 150 to 225 cm
- No. of leaves
- 6 to 10 per main tiller
- FIFTH Leaf size
- Width 3 to 4 cm, length 80 to 90 cm
- No of tillers
- 8 to 15
- Ear head is conical
- The plant flowers 85 - 95 days after planting. Days to flowering is influenced by day length and CFPM 101 would flower in short days.
- 1000 seed weight ranges from 9 to l1 gm. Plant morphological parameters and date of 50% flowering will vary according to crop management, soil fertility, soil moisture, heat units, location, day length etc. It is a multi cut crop with 2 to 3 cuts during the cropping season.
Canadian forage pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum) 101 is an excellent forage millet variety. This variety is bred for high yield, drought resistant and high forage quality. It can produce two to three harvestings in Ontario and Quebec.
In addition to the excellent forage yield and quality CFPM 101 would reduce the root lesion nematodes in the soil when used as a rotation crop.
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHUREDOWNLOAD PDFDOWNLOAD WORD
Interested in a large volume order?
Contact sales directly for wholesale pricing on orders of 50 bags or more.
Order online to your location, available within the US and Canada. Shipping fees will be added at checkout. Limit of 50 bags/order.