CSSPMH-7 Canadian Sweet Stem Pearl Millet Hybrid 7
- A highly drought tolerant crop
- Performs well on soils low in fertility (sandy to loamy-sandy soils) and low pH (5.5)
- High yielding, high protein forage crop for dairy, beef, sheep and horses
- Can be used for grazing, as green chop and silage
- Rapid regeneration capacity
- Complete absence of prussic acid
- Used in rotation, excellent control of root lesion nematodes in potato, tobacco and vegetable crops
- Helps build soil organic matter when used as a cover crop
- Produces no volunteer plants in the following season
- Improves soil productivity
- Provides erosion control
- Captures snow
- Suppresses weeds
- Does not over-winter
- PLANT HEIGHT
- 150 to 225 cm
- No. of leaves
- 6 to 10 per main tiller
- FIFTH Leaf size
- Width 3 to 4 cm, length 80 to 90 cm
- No of tillers
- 8 to 15
- Ear head is conical
- The plant flowers 85 - 95 days after planting. Days to flowering is influenced by day length and CFPM 101 would flower in short days.
- 1000 seed weight ranges from 9 to l1 gm. Plant morphological parameters and date of 50% flowering will vary according to crop management, soil fertility, soil moisture, heat units, location, day length etc. It is a multi cut crop with 2 to 3 cuts during the cropping season.
Canadian Forage Pearl Millet 7 is a high yielding, high protein annual crop of tropical origin. It is drought resistant and allows multi-cuts. The plant grows with a mass of very fine fibrous roots and huge top growth with several tillers. Pearl millet prefers light sandy to loamy soils and if allowed to grow without cutting it can reach heights of over 12 feet.
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHUREDOWNLOAD PDFDOWNLOAD WORD
Interested in a large volume order?
Contact sales directly for wholesale pricing on orders of 50 bags or more.
Order online to your location, available within the US and Canada. Shipping fees will be added at checkout. Limit of 50 bags/order.
Price per 44lb bag